Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Non Scale Victories

The scale and I are not friends. I mean if we really want to get down to it, we hate each other. Almost as much as I hate burpees. I like burpees a little bit more than the scale because burpees make me feel good when I get them done. Like heck yea I just did 25 burpees. I never feel that way after getting off the scale. Even when it goes down I don't jump off and say heck yea scale I like you today. I think hmm what could I have done better to make that number even smaller?

Lately though, I haven't given a crap what the scale read. I've been more focused on other victories.

For example, pants that have been in the back of my closet that I couldn't get past my knees now go over my thighs and almost past my hips. Jeans that are getting too big. Shirts that look sloppy. I love all these clothes that aren't fitting, except, I gave up shopping for non necessities for Lent. So even more reason to keep pushing myself so I can have a good shopping spree this spring!

Another non scale victory is my energy. No longer am I trying to get as much sleep as possible. Well, except for the nights when Reagan doesn't feel the need to stay asleep all night. Or like the other night when we went on a drive to get her to fall asleep. So when she is back to being the great sleeper I can go to bed around 10 and get up around 4:30-5:00 go workout and then go about my day without getting the mid morning yawns or mid afternoon slump. I will say that spark has helped with that too. Eating better and getting all my vitamins and minerals from my MNS packets is also key. I know having more energy makes me a better mom, wife and person in general. No longer do I need my diet coke before I wake up and am functional. My early morning workouts are way better than that diet coke ever was!

Another victory is how much stronger I am getting every day. I've always been strong but now it is apparent. When I started working out I was grabbing 7's for my heavy weights. Now it is 10's sometimes 15's depending on what we are doing. I'm not afraid to lift heavy (no woman should be afraid to lift heavy, ever!), it is so empowering. I've done hanging leg raises, full out push-ups and wall sits for over 2 minutes. The strength I've gained isn't just in my muscles, I've also gained strength in myself. I know that I can do whatever I set my mind to.

No longer am I afraid of failing. I know that this time, I've made the change for good.



1 comment: