Tuesday, April 22, 2014

#transformationtuesday

Oh IG and twitter and your numerous hashtags. Some that I don't even understand and have to google for an explanation (yup I am that pathetic at times). Well this one, #transformationtuesday has intimidated me for a long time. Why you ask, would a silly hashtag bother me? Well....

I was scared.

I was scared that my transformation wasn't good enough to use the hashtag. Lame yes but self-confidence issues don't just vanish overnight?  Seriously, past self-esteem and self-confidence and stuff doesn't just go away. I still see the Megan who was at her heaviest and I need to work on that. But that's another post for another day, maybe another hashtag????

But it's the truth.

That old feeling of what I have accomplished doesn't compare to what others have. 

That's not the point though.

The point is, I am darn proud of what I have accomplished as well as the friends I've made along the way and what they have accomplished.

So without further ado, my first post for #transformationtuesday

These pictures are about a year apart exactly. The one on the left, April 2013 at Reagan's baptism. I was about 4 1/2 months postpartum. The one on the right, taken this morning at 4:50am. Yup I look hot going to the gym.

Put these side by side and I am simply amazed at the progress I have made. I am no where near finished but seeing this gives me the motivation to keep going!

The only person you have to compete with is yourself..

2 comments: