Tuesday, December 24, 2013

New Year, New You?

We've all done them, heck this is probably the one thing that most of us never ever follow through on. Yup, I'm talking about new year's resolutions. We all know that feeling, the feeling of getting a fresh start, a clean slate, starting anew. We grasp it and run with it. We vow to follow through with our resolution(s), we aren't going to let life get in the way, if we stumble we are going to get right back up and start again. We are much like the college student starting the new school year, we are going to study, be organized, be involved. By the 4th week, yea not happening. The note taking is not even legible, study sessions aren't attended, studying yea right. Then we get that wake up call after midterms and we are shaken again and jump back on the wagon and somehow make it through.

That is always what happened to me with my resolutions. I would be a go getter, sign up for the 1 year membership at the gym, buy new workout clothes, vitamins, shakes you name it I bought it. This was going to be my year. And by about February I'd miss a few days and those days turned into weeks and then months and pretty soon I was shelling out $50 a month for a gym membership that I hadn't used in months. Yea, total waste of money. Then usually about June I get back on the band wagon for a month but I don't see results like I think I should see (umm hello I just burned 600 calories on the elliptical why don't these pants fit better type of results, geesh get real Megan!)

Then I had Reagan and my whole world changed. It wasn't just about me anymore. I had a little girl who depended on me, who needed me. I had a little girl that I didn't want struggling with her body issues the way I have my entire life. I knew this time I would have to change once and for all. So on a a hot August day I stepped into a gym on a farm (yup a farm, a building that had been converted into a gym) and sweated like I had never sweated in my entire life! I still have the text message from J that next day, asking how I was doing and wanting to know if I was coming back. I could hardly move the next day but couldn't wait to go back. Something was different this time, I don't know if it was me, the motivation J gave, the fact that I was a mom or a combination of all 3 but whatever it was it worked.

Now, here I am 4 months later, down 15lbs and numerous inches. I've done 2 breastfeeding challenges with advocare, I get up in the morning and go work out (4:30am workouts!), my energy level is through the roof, my clothes fit better, I have a pile of clothes that don't fit anymore, I'm stronger and my confidence in myself has increased. There are times I amaze myself with what I can do, what J pushes me to do. It motivates me to continue to see how I am changing and where I will go next.

Starting in January I am committing to the Lean in 13 along with another biggest loser challenge at the gym. My brother is getting married in June, the bridesmaid dress has been ordered and when it arrives in February I don't want it to fit. I want it to be loose and I want to have a huge alterations bill.
So now, who else wants to change once and for all. Who wants to make 2014 their year?

I would love to put together a group for a 24 day challenge starting in January. You would receive personal coaching, nutritional plans as well me to help keep you accountable!

Contact me for more info on advocare and what it can do for you!


1 comment:

  1. Ooooh! Tell me more about the 24 day challenge! You're amazing for getting up at 4:30am to work out. I wish I had that type of motivation. Starting fresh again in only a few short days! So excited :) Looking forward to sharing stories with you :)

    ReplyDelete