Monday, January 13, 2014

24 Day Challenge- Day 1

I'm backkkkkkk

Whew, the holidays then Reagan's birthday party, crazy weather and being gone for a conference for a week has thrown me off this blogging schedule I had set for myself. Excuses I know but sometimes life happens and it is okay but I'm back and ready to get back to normal.

I started my 24 day challenge today. I was going to start when everyone else did at the beginning of the new year but I knew I would be away for that conference and it would be hard to plan my meals and get my workouts in. Plus, I also got my mom to do the challenge with me and I wanted to wait for her to get her goodies. I am planning on chronicling the entire 24 days here.That will keep me focused as well as accountable. If I want this to work and I want to continue to succeed I need to be honest and I feel that this is the best place for it!

Food choices-

Breakfast was a no brainer, I didn't have a lot of time so the advocare berry shake was simple, quick and yummy.

Snacks- I know this will make me sound lazy but I LOVE the pre-sliced apples. I mean seriously, just open the bag and eat. No getting out a knife or a plate just yummyness right away. I also dug out my frozen grapes and OMG I don't think I will ever be able to ear regular grapes again.

Lunch- Last night I put half of one our farm raised chickens into the crock pot with seasonings and a jar of pasta sauce. I let it cook on low all night and when I woke up to work out this morning, the house smelled AMAZING! To put with that I took a bag of frozen green beans and let them thaw overnight. This morning I dumped them in a ziplock bag, drizzled with olive oil and Mrs. Dash seasoning and baked them for about 25-30 minutes. Those were so good. I could have ate the entire bag but left half of them for tonight's supper.
 


Supper- I'm thinking it will be the rest of the chicken and green beans just for simplicity sakes since I won't get home till after 6. I also will treat myself with an advocare shake made into a muffin with some peanut butter. Helps satisfy that craving.

Water- So far today I am up to 48oz that I have actually kept track of. I don't count the water that I drink with my fiber drink. Usually I am drinking so much so fast to try and get the nastiness out of my mouth I lose track.

Exercise- I went to the total body class this morning. I can only stay about 45 minutes but I still got a good sweat in! I am going back tonight for another hour and I know I will be sore but it will be worth it. I just love how exercising has made me feel lately.

At the end of every week I am going to figure out how to post my log from myfitnesspal on here. Just another form of accountability.

Here is to making this my most successful 24 day challenge yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment